Membership is $12.00 per year, due in January.
As a member you can enjoy:
- Monthly programs for the beginner and experienced herbal gardener
- Area garden tours
- The fellowship of other herb enthusiasts in the area, who want nothing more than to share their passion of HERBS with you
- Monthly door prizes (at our meetings)
- Free or discounted admission on class field trips
- Discounts on herb related items at area businesses
- Participation at area festivals
- News information to keep you up-to-date on society events
- Yearly calendar of events
When you join The Herb Society of America your membership includes:
- 50% discount on a 1 year subscription to The Herb Companion magazine
- 10% discount on purchases made at Richters Herbs
- 10% discount on Garden Gallery purchases
- 10% discount on The ABE Clinical Guide to Herbs when purchased through American Botanical Council.
- Complimentary or reduced admission fees to public gardens and arboreta associated with the American Horticultural society’s Reciprocal Admissions Program (discounts listed by state)
- Symposia and tour discounts, including the Annual National Educational Conference featuring tours, workshops, education and lectures
- HSA Profiles and Guides
- Library borrowing privileges
- Promising Plants
- Access electronic copies of district and unit newsletters
- Networking opportunities in an organization of herb enthusiasts including authors, lecturers, researchers, business people, and avid gardeners
- Membership directory
- Subscription to The Herbalist journal
- Quarterly members’ national newsletter
- District newsletter
As a member of the society, all individuals are asked to donate at least 2 hours to volunteer work each year. Teaching a workshop, hosting a table at a local event, volunteering in one of our community gardens – these are just a few ways each member can give back to the Herb Society and to our community.
We are selling a one-year magazine subscription for only $10! These can be new or renewal!
Mother Earth News
If you are interested in becoming a member you can:
- Fill out our online membership information form
- Call Joan Bass 417-725-5134 for more information or stop by one of our meetings to pick up a membership application.