Our March meeting will be held at the Botanical Center March 16th. Come early for for seed swap 5:30-6:30 and Soil Health presentation will start at 6:30. Normal meeting time is 6:00.
March 16th – Soil Health by Kelly McGowan, Field Specialist in Horticulture
April 20th – Blueberries by Patrick Byers
May 18th – Plant Swap – This will be at the Japanese Stroll Garden Pavilion
June 15th – Sharon Masterson will present and her topic will be announced
July 20th – Night Gardens by Katie Keith
August 17th – Harvesting Herbs by Barb Emge
September 21st – Herbal First Aid Kits – a sharing time for members
October 19th – To be announced
Also we have an update from Ogden Publications on our magazine fundraiser. They informed us Mother Earth Living has been temporally suspended and its contents will be added to Mother Earth News. That will limit us to only Mother Earth News and Grit but the publisher indicated both magazines will have additional content. Purchasing these magazines through Springfield Area Herb Society for only $10.00 each is a great price and benefits our organization. To order contact Bob (firstname.lastname@example.org) for details.
The Springfield area Herb Society is a non-profit group based in the beautiful Ozarks region of southwest Missouri! Our mission is to promote the knowledge, use and enjoyment of herbs through educational programs, research and sharing the experience with the community. We meet monthly to discuss herbs, share recipes, and exchange gardening tips! We also host special events and sponsor tours of local parks, farms and businesses. The Herb Society is open to the public and we welcome all levels of knowledge! During 2018 we will have:
- Several guest speakers, including those nationally and internationally known!
- There will be several “wild edible” hikes throughout the year, which is important because some plants come in at different times of the year, and other plants have different useful parts at different times of the year.
- Herbal garden tours
- Participation in several area festivals
- Springfield Area Herb Society is proud to again be an herbal garden partner with the Demonstration Herb Garden at the Botanical Center and excited to continue to partner with the Kitchen at the Kitchen Clinic Community Herb Gardens.
- We will continue to have a different Herb Highlight at each of our monthly meetings!
- Come enjoy Herbal refreshments that our members bring to our monthly meetings!
- Listen at the monthly meeting for “What to do in your herb garden” for the upcoming month!